Open Space for Arts & Community is currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Marketing and Social Media Manager, Open Space for Arts & Community
Open Space for Arts & Community seeks a Marketing and Social Media Manager with exceptional Instagram and Facebook expertise who is an expert at developing content and loves to write. This is a professional salaried position.
Our mission: Open Space for Arts & Community is where Vashon gathers to celebrate the unbreakable bond between arts and community. We co-create extraordinary artistic, community building experiences that enrich and inspire all involved.
- Increase our social media engagement, performance, and followers on key platforms – mainly Instagram and Facebook
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing plan to support outreach and attendance
- Write and send out press releases
- Outreach to radio stations to promote events
- Manage and coordinate weekly newsletter through Constant Contact
- Manage, write and coordinate blog
- Manage and collaborate with graphic artist to develop posters, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work with individual staff member to develop marketing materials and plan for various programs
- Collect content from artists
- Update and maintain website
- Track and report ticket sales through WooCommerce
- Track goals, report results, recommend adjustments
- Embrace the mission, vision, core competencies, and values of Open Space for Arts & Community
- Have a BA/BS degree in Marketing or related field
- Have +3 year’s experience in written content development and social media management and strategy
- Have in-depth experience and understanding of brand building, storytelling, persona development, content writing, social platforms, schedule tools, and data analysis
- Be a highly organized self-starter with strong initiative
- Understand the media landscape, plan the most impactful way to announce news, assess coverage and results
- Be fluent in Facebook and Instagram strategies and content marketing and up to date on the latest social media trends
- Demonstrate strategic thinking
- Be proactive, anticipating problems and developing effective solutions
- Exhibit highly professional verbal and written communications skills, including social content writing, impeccable grammar, and attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality of communications and proprietary information
- Be highly collaborative; have excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate excellent customer service internally and externally
- Demonstrate excellent time management, be punctual and reliable
- Multitask comfortably and switch rapidly from one focus to another
- Have strong proficiency with the MS Office Suite
- Be able to accomplish projects independently
- Grant writing is a plus
Salary range and hours: Competitive, DOE. Part-time 20 hours/week. Salaried and exempt. No calls please. Reply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Space for Arts & Community is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, maternity, marriage, civil partnership, citizenship, disability, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable law.