Open Space for Arts & Community is currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Director of Development
Director of Development, Open Space for Arts & Community
Open Space for Arts & Community seeks a Director of Development with exceptional communication skills and a solid background in development. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all the organization’s fundraising, including the major gifts program, annual appeal, planned giving, special events, capital campaigns, special projects campaigns, grants, online giving campaigns, and membership drives. This is a professional salaried position.
Since our founding in 2008, Open Space for Arts and Community has operated as a mission-driven LLC. We are in the process of applying for 501c3 nonprofit status and are looking for the right candidate to work closely with the Executive Team to lead development and fundraising initiatives as a new nonprofit. The Director of Development will work closely with the Executive Director, Major Gifts Officer, Assistant Director of Operations, and the Outreach Manager to write materials, develop protocols, and envision a plan for the exciting opportunities that lie ahead for our organization.
Our mission: Open Space for Arts & Community is where Vashon gathers to celebrate the unbreakable bond between arts and community. We co-create extraordinary artistic, community-building experiences that enrich and inspire all involved.
· Develop and execute the organizational fundraising plan
· Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government programs
· Supervise and collaborate with the Development Team, promote innovation and team culture
· Recognize the important link between development and communications, and work in tandem with the Outreach Manager
· Foster fundraising leadership in the Development Team, the entire Open Space Team, and the Board of Directors
· Meet prospective donors and supporters on an ongoing basis
· Promote a donor-centric approach to development
· Grow major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors
· Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
· Build the planned giving program
· Direct the annual appeal, oversee the appeal design and mailing
· Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives
· Coordinate fundraising special events
· Oversee prospect research
· Work closely with Outreach Manager, Major Gifts Officer, Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
· Make public appearances, accept speaking engagements to share information about Open Space with the community
· Attend Board Meetings as needed
· Oversee fundraising database (LGL) and donation tracking through QuickBooks.
· Maintain and enhance gift recognition programs
· Track goals, report results, recommend adjustments
· Embrace the mission, vision, core competencies, and values of Open Space for Arts & Community
· Have demonstrated knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques
· Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and volunteers
· Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Be self-motivated, solution-oriented, and consistent
· Have the desire and motivation to get out of the office, network, and build strong external relationships
· Ideally, be a Vashon Island resident and be involved in the island community or have excellent knowledge of the island.
· Have excellent follow-through on short-term tasks and long-term goals
· Have strong initiative and be goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls independently and with the team
· Demonstrate strategic thinking
· Be proactive, anticipating problems and developing effective solutions
· Exhibit strong interpersonal skills
· Exhibit highly professional verbal and written communications skills
· Maintain confidentiality of communications and proprietary information
· Be highly collaborative; have excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism
· Demonstrate excellent customer service internally and externally
· Demonstrate excellent time management, be punctual and reliable
· Multitask comfortably and switch rapidly from one focus to another
· Have strong proficiency with the MS Office Suite
· Have a BA/BS degree
· Show a positive attitude, empathy for people and community, self-confidence, good listening, and sincere persuasion abilities
· A minimum of five year’s experience in professional fundraising.
Salary range and hours: $55,000-$72,000 DOE, part-time or full-time for the right candidate 20-40 hours/week. Salaried and exempt. No calls, please. Reply with your resume and cover letter.
Open Space for Arts & Community is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, maternity, marriage, civil partnership, citizenship, disability, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time for the right candidate
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $27.00 – $35.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Temporarily due to COVID-19