- This event has passed.
Vashon Events Presents: “TRUE COLORS: A Showcase of Songs Celebrating Diversity”
A Showcase of Songs Celebrating Diversity
Performed by LGBTQ Artists & Allies
September 13th, 2019
Doors and Silent Auction at 6:00pm
Open Space for Arts & Community
Tickets $10 in advance, $15 at the doorTicket link: https://www.vashonevents.org/support-us/truecolors2019
Vashon Events is hosting their second showcase of the year at the Open Space for Arts & Community in the Grand Hall! Enjoy island musicians and bands as they perform songs to celebrate the diversity of sexual orientation and gender identity. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. All ages!
Vashon Events is notorious for their showcases, featuring the jaw-dropping, inspiring, and sometimes hilarious performances of local musicians. Get there early for a good seat. Doors open at 6:00pm. Mingle with friends before the show and check out our silent auction, then musicians will take the stage as solo, duo, or ensemble performers. Beer, wine and other beverages will be available for purchase.
Throughout the evening, 12-15 songs will be performed, each by a different act. Together, the performances create an unforgettable journey of experiencing an immense variety of Island musicianship and interpretations of songs from a library of artists such as George Michael, Boy George, Elton John, Little Richard, Morrissey, Lady Gaga, Melissa Etheridge, Meshell Ndegeocello, Freddie Mercury, The B-52’s, Sam Smith, Indigo Girls, k.d. lang and more!The event is a fundraiser to support Vashon Events, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire and connect the community by promoting and producing extraordinary music experiences and supporting musicians by providing access to instruments, education, resources, and opportunities for paid performances. We would love your support by coming to the show and enjoying the music!
Running the sound board and mixing the show will be Martin Feveyear, so everyone will be in good hands!
Some of the exciting things that you will see are:
* Martin Feveyear & friends doing a Cole Porter medley
* Tony Mann singing Queen’s “Don’t Stop Me Now”
* Leila Khatapoush doing her original song “The Solstice Song”
* Allison Shirk & friends performing “Constant Craving”
* Stephen Silha with poetry readings
* Chris Boscia & friends performing “Sweet Transvestite”
* Rebekah Kuzma & friends performing “How Soon Is Now?”
* Quinn Sky D’Artell & friends performing “Rocketman”
* Jennifer Stills & Tony Mann performing “Always Remember Us This Way”
* Gus Reeves performing “Lucille”
* Michael Whitmore performing “Lush Life”
* All cast performing “True Colors”
* Other performers signed up for music or other performances are Jacob Bain, Peter Serko, Andy James, Chris Peloquin, Angela London, Dianne Krouse, Jesse Whitford, Barry Cooper, Porter Daniels and many more!
Supporting sponsors for the True Colors Showcase are Sue Carette of Windermere Vashon, The Vashon Heritage Museum, The Dove Project, Dusty Slow Down, John L. Scott Vashon, Susan Lofland of John L. Scott Vashon, Noble Stone, Mike England of Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, The Lodges on Vashon and 4Culture.
Purchase tickets here: https://www.vashonevents.org/
This showcase is presented in conjunction with Vashon Heritage Museum’s Exhibit, IN AND OUT: Being LGBTQ on Vashon Island. Please visit the museum to experience this important cultural exhibition.
In addition to the music, we’ll have some other entertaining moments for you in-between songs. Readings, poetry and theatrical performance.
Want to perform? Here’s the link: https://www.vashonevents.org/
formusicians#/ showcaseapplicationtruecolors2 019/
Want to volunteer to help at the event? Here’s the link: